Hey all, just have a quick set of questions regarding CBL. I have not read the book and unfortunately cannot purchase it (absolutely broke, all money goes to school/food/etc.) But I feel I get the basic premises: skip breakfast, therefor fast 12-14hrs (correct, or no?) eat protein, fat, veggies until post workout; non-training days keep carbs very-low (30orless?); My questions are:
1) I've been doing the BBS workout protocol as I feel that is the 'healthiest' form of weightlifting (safe/allows for lots of recovery/drastically improves metabolic conditioning) and allows me to spend more time training fundamentals of BJJ and studying. Could I do CBL while using the BBS or similar training protocol? (Ellington Darden style)
2) I believe I've read that there is a 10 day intro phase to CBL... probably to kick start ketosis? If that is true, how shall I train for the next week or so? could I consume VLC every day, but an hour or so prior to doing my BBS workout, consume 75-100g carbs as I believe they'd most likely be drained through that workout
3) Since I'd probably only be lifting 3xweek (more than specified in the BBS book, but i seem to be recovering quick enough) should I maybe incorporate an extra refeed, so it'd kind of be similar to a CBL/Carb Nite mix?
4) Do I have to limit fat intake on CBL days? or atleast in the post workout refeed time?
5) How would MCT's fit in CBL? I feel like it may kick start ketosis quicker, and on days I'm not eating carbs, create a deeper level of ketosis...
4) Would this be optimal??: Do an extended "intro" phase where I'd fast for roughly 14hrs a day breaking it w/ protein+fat+veggies, on the few days I lift, consume roughly 100g carbs only prior to training, none after. Have an extended intro do to the slight carb consumption on days of training, so it'd probably take a bit longer to establish ketosis; Once 12-15 days are up, start CBL... VLC on non-training days, training days consume roughly 1.5g/per lb of body weight (i weigh 137 and am trying to eventually hit 155-160, but slowww and lean) post workout; maybe once a week or once every 10 days do an extra refeed
Please give me any input, it will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Get Free Paleo Recipes Instantly
Check out Keifer's podcasts. From other threads I've seen on Paleo Hacks, the podcasts basically cover the product and instructions on how to do it.
Is Kiefer???s carb-backloading book worth the money? http://paleohacks.com/questions/168876/is-kiefers-carb-backloading-book-worth-the-money#axzz2Iewa47YJ
Keifer's recent interviews (from his website): http://www.dangerouslyhardcore.com/1287/two-great-interviews-with-kiefer-just-posted/