Locavore

Locavore

Locavore Questions

4bf5827bfb7df85c5b4b485db0945e64
0
Votes
0
Answers
6
Views
1.2K
by 1386 · about 17 hours ago

Does anyone living in Southern California, or even better Orange County, know of any good local CSAs or sources of quality meat and produce? I visit the local farmers' markets but they never carry any animal products. The eatwild website has... (more)

Ffdf384efd6db71e545a138de89fa749
WildBill 0 · December 19, 2011 at 7:21 PM

5 bar beef. Cows are in santiago canyon. Frank is at the Saturday farmer's market by UCI.

D30ff86ad2c1f3b43b99aed213bcf461
5
Votes
5
Answers
17
Views
18.4K
by 12174 · about 18 hours ago

This one is for all those expert foragers out there. My back yard is now starting to sprout grass after a rainy March, and since we haven't mowed yet I noticed a corner of the yard is dominated by these tufts of longer, heartier looking grass... (more)

662c0670863c8a2d7ecfbf834b5beef1
paleo4lyfe 0 · April 07, 2011 at 2:01 AM

my son who is 9 has been eating them since he was 3. He calls them wild garlic. He hasn't been sick yet :)

F652b96a3bcf646d8dad56cb1d035101
4
Votes
4
Answers
4
Views
1.7K
by 205 · about 18 hours ago

Hi All - I will be spending three weeks in India towards the end of the year and am concerned that I am going to find it really very difficult to eat paleo whilst there. We're not going off the beaten track too much - Golden Triangle plus... (more)

A89f9751a97c3082802dc0bcbe4e9208
gilliebean 0 · April 11, 2010 at 9:43 PM

Plan well. I suggest going through the list of foods that are common to Northern India and learning the names of the ones that you know you can eat. Perhaps make yourself a cue card with the name and the food so you can reference them when you... (more)

3c7856106195fd0084a06b5892269d36
3
Votes
3
Answers
2
Views
1.4K
by 75 · October 23, 2014 at 3:09 AM

As a relative newcomer to Paleo I'm still formulating in my mind and habits the best way to promote a sustainable diet. Mark Bittman, the minimalist from the New York Times author of Food Matters, would certainly be on board with most of the... (more)

Be1dbd31e4a3fccd4394494aa5db256d
Stabby 0 · March 09, 2011 at 8:21 PM

Well duh grassfed meat is healthier. I agree. If it is more vegetables instead of grains and legumes then I agree. Depends on what he means by "more", though, I eat about 8 cups of vegetables, including some sweet potatoes every day. I don't... (more)

Ba913e2cc77984c1b2079adfe3fd9f93
2
Votes
2
Answers
6
Views
723
by 128 · October 20, 2014 at 3:38 AM

Briefly, the book argues that large-scale locavorism generally fails for economic reasons: it's cheaper and more sustainable to source from around the world, rather than "putting your eggs all in one basket" geographically. (Of course, they are... (more)

Ce41c230e8c2a4295db31aec3ef4b2ab
Dragonfly 0 · June 23, 2012 at 3:43 PM

I won't waste my time reading such a poorly-thought out argument. And I don't think it needs to be an all or nothing proposition. I live in the high desert and even so, 95% of my food is grown within 100 miles of my home. The other 5% (fish,... (more)

Get Free Paleo Recipes