I'm Greek too, and make my Home-made Greek yogurt (Yiayia's recipe), kefir (milk and water), sauerkraut, and many cheeses. Recently (5-Mar-2013) I had Warren Analytical Labratories of Greeley, Colorado, USA assay some of my ferments for "Lactic Acid Bacteria MB 075 (Spiral)", here are the results:
1) Milk Kefir -- 2.6 Billion Colony Forming Units per milliliter (CFU/ml);
2) Water Kefir -- 1.2 Billion CFU/ml;
3) Greek Yogurt -- 60 Million CFU/gram (note for water, 1 milliliter = 1 gram);
4) Cabbage Sauerkraut -- 5.3 Million CFU/gram; and,
5) Health-Food-Store-bought Greek yogurt -- 1.1 Million CFU/gram.
I make my ferments for less than $8 per gallon, and believe highly-processed store-bought probiotic ferments and pills are outragelessly expensive. Learn to ferment real delicious food and live healthy like Mediterranean people often do.