Each person is different, that's why Paleo can vary (within certain limits) for everyone. I am sure there were some hunter-gatherers that could not eat some nuts or berries :)
My question is about what have you learned on this road of self-discovery while doing Paleo. I know the answers will vary for different people, but I really want to know how you had to adjust Paleo diet to fit your body's needs.
Here are my top 20 things:
- My body does not tolerate nuts/seeds well.
- I get addicted to fermented foods.
- I am allergic to eggs.
- I cannot have canned foods, I get sick.
- I cannot have fruit that is high in sugar, I get sugar cravings.
- My body does not tolerate oils, including olive oil. I get sick from flax seed oil.
- I cannot have "pure coconut oil" but I am fine with virgin coconut oil in tiny amounts.
- I only like grass fed meat. I don't like other kinds.
- I cannot have citrus fruit and pineapple.
- I feel better (have more energy) when I am hungry.
- I don't like nightshades.
- I can have cabbage and spinach three times per day, and still ask for more.
- I need fruit in my diet. Without fruit, I don't feel as good.
- My body does not tolerate seaweed very well.
- I don't need to eat three times per day. Two times is enough if I eat right.
- It is possible to overcome cravings with the right diet.
- It takes a long long time to heal if you have gluten intolerance.
- It is important to eat certain things every day even if I don't want to so I don't get cravings.
- It is important for me to have safe starches everyday, like beets, carrots and squash.
- I will never go back to eating "normal". I will never listen to another diet guru. I have to trust my body more, it knows better than I do.