This is more of a Primal Living question:
Like a lot of people, I have a desk job. I'm a programmer and sit at my desk, listening to head phones, undisturbed for most of the day.
For the last 10 years I've had lower back pain on and off. For the last eight months, it's been CONSTANT. It's worse the day after playing basketball, almost unbearable. It's bad in the mornings and some nights I can't sleep unless I take Advil.
Currently, I'm doing the following
- All different kinds of core strengthening exercises, done daily
- Getting up and walking every 30 minutes
- hip flexor stretches every 30 minutes and at night (still on my first week of these)
- adjusting my workspace according to ergonomic standards
I've also tried
- sleeping on the floor
- sleeping with a pillow between my knees
- deadlifts and squats (which I can't even do most of the time because of the pain)
- CrossFit (for about a year)
I'm up for any suggestions as I'm running out of options, and like a lot of other Paleo enthusiasts, the last thing I want to do is start taking a drug.
I've seen some other posts on here, but they were answering questions about a injury. This isn't related to a specific incident/injury.
Thanks in advance!
EDIT: I also tried
- a standing desk for about 3 months WHILE barefoot (just socks)