I've been reading Robb Wolf, PaNu, Whole HEalth Source, Heart Scan Blog, etc. for a long time. They are great resources but VERY intimidating and complicated for a newbie. I've managed to absorb a lot over time but can't remember which articles said what and how to put a highlight reel together!
I want to share a handful of "best of" articles / blog posts from credible sources that accomplish the following:
- Discredit the "low fat whole grain + statins" prevents heart disease groupthink.
- Argue that "replacing wheat, sugar, vegetable oil with saturated fat" is heart healthy.
- Show that high total cholesterol is not a predictor of cardiovascular disease and in fact low total cholesterol is more risky.
- Small, dense LDL count (and other specific markers) are much more telling than TC.
- Explain how decade-old nutrition/health policy was formed by flawed science and pushed through haphazardly; not to mention conflict of interest with big-agriculture and grain subsidies.
Does anyone have a list of a half-dozen blog posts or articles by various authors that can explain this case to an American Heart Association / Conventional Wisdom lay-thinker?