I'm trying to make some progress with my overall health and there are several issues I've been dealing with for the past few years. Been following Paleo since December and have noticed the most substantial change being less blood sugar fluctuations.
I have been dairy-free since this time and gluten free for several years. I've tried more supplements than can fit on several pages. I've spent a lot of time with doctors (ND's and MD's) the past few years and have had limited success mostly due to all my hormone tests coming back "within range". I finally got a recommendation for an endocrynologist but the earliest appointment I could get is in August. Just wanted see what other information I can gather beforehand or if anyone could offer any advice. I'm a 28 year old, active male who practices martial arts several days a week. 5 10", 150 pounds.
- fatigue - tired throughout day, body feels very stressed after exercise, capacity for exercise has decreased substainstuially as well as muscle mass. I don't go through a process of getting sleepy When its time for bed for example. My body normally just feels like it shuts off when I get tired and when this happens I can't stay awake. Sometimes this happens during the day.
- muscle development - unable to put on any muscle, regardless of diet
- food allergies (no IGE but IGG(delayed response) to apples, lactalbumin, wheat, crab, fennel, buckwheat, pork - celiac tests came back negative.)
- lots of anxiety
- mental fog
- decreased erection size (also haven't had a morning erection in years)
- more and increased frequency of back pain (extremely stiff and sore in the morning, the pain also greatly affects my sleep, which is probably causing some of the daytime fatigue/tiredness. I also found out I have ligament damage with no specific injury causing it)
- digestion - still have bloating/indigestion issues
- hold weight around stomach
- total testosterone (450's and been in this range for past 5 years) and free testosterone in range
- t3/free, t4/free, t3/reverse, tsh/3rd generation, tsh all within range
- 24hr urinary cortisol came back within range as well as several DHEA tests
- FSH/LH within range
- vitamin D at a good level
- CDSA stool test revealed nothing substaintial other than elevated cholesterol levels in stool and low pancreatic enzyme count (something ive been supplementing with for several years)
- mri of pituitary gland came back normal
- 2006 colonoscopy revealed nothing
- 4 hour glucose tolerance test within range
- LifeEssence multi
- Dr. Ohira's probiotics
- Similase GFCF enzymes
- Biogenesis Inflamazyme enzymes
- 1000mg Vitamin C
- 5mg DHEA
- Magnesium occasionally (not sure if this actually helps)
- Just stopped 30mg Optizinc after several months of use
I have spent a lot of time trying to heal my gut and adjust my diet, since I've had digestive issues since I was a kid hoping this would clear up the other areas but I feel I've maxed out my success, which is frustrating. Just went for liver enzyme test which I'm waiting for the results of. The Doctor would not agree to test IGF-1 since my testosterone levels are "normal", although its something I asked specifically be checked. I could provide a lot more detail but rather than overwhelm anyone reading I wanted to see if I could get any feedback using this summary fist.
Thanks for any help I get.