I saw the other similar topics, but while they provide some solutions, i didn't see many explanations in them.
I have been paleo for two months and already lost one sixth of my weight. I have also been doing Leptin Reset for around three weeks.
It made my digestion more regular, but also gave me a combination of alternating costipation and diarrhea. At the same time i have some adrenal fatigue symtpoms:
- Slow digestion
- Fatigue, mostly in the morning and halfway through the afternoon (today it finally got me to nap, something i have never done before)
- Earlier sleepiness than before (11 pm instead of 3 am)
- Difficulty waking up (this is the most annoying)
- Low blood pressure; dizziness when changing positions (not every day, but often)
- Easily agitated / annoyed (only if i forget to eat carbs in the BAB)
- Sensitivity to light (i may have always had it, but now i notice)
I am basically on holidays and lazing around all day, other than occasional light muscle exercise, so no stress to speak of.
While these symptoms are mild, i didn't have any of them before starting the LRx. I have to add my digestion had always been slow and i have a low resting metabolism (because of long years of carb abuse). The LRx seems to make my digestion regular and daily, but it feels like my gut can't keep up and get things going fast enough. (I drink a lot)
I am going to up my carbs to the upper limit of VLC for one week, add magnesium and sodium and some adaptogens. My question is however why is this happening. I saw "pregnenolone steal syndrome" mentioned, which is interesting me. Can anyone point me to why i am getting adrenal fatigue on the LRx and whether it will go away? I am a biology student, so i appreciate detailed explanations. And at the very least i want to get my snappy mornings back.