I second the GAPS soup recommendation AshleyRoz mentioned but look into adding the following pureed items into the bone broth soup for additional nutritional and anti-cancer benefits:
For basic nutrition
- GAPS-based Bone broth soup (chicken feet offer the most collagen because they have the most joint tissue... but of course discard the feet after cooking them)
- pureed grass-fed organic liver for tons of vitamins, minerals
- pureed grass-fed organic beef heart for CoQ10
- Mussels/Oysters for Zinc and other vitamins/mineral
- Coconut/MCT oil for ketones and your main source of energy
- red palm oil for vitamin E
- citrus for vitamin C
- Spinach for magnesium
- brasil nuts for selenium
- kelp for iodine and other minerals
The following foods also have anti-cancer properties according to Dr. David Servan-Schreiber author of Anti-Cancer. He not only lived but thrived over 20 years with a particularly bad form of brain cancer.
- Generous amounts of anti-inflamatory anti-cancerous turmeric with a 5% ratio of black pepper, because black pepper increases turmerics curcumin intestinal absorbtion rate by 1,000 fold.
- Matcha green tea which has 307x more EGCG than other green teas
- Oyster mushroom shiitake
- Cherries- because they contain Glucaric acid anthocyanin
- rosemary for its Turpine fatty acids
- cherries for their Glucaric acid anthosionodine
- rosemary for Turpine fatty acids
- And last but certainly not least is ellagic acid. Ellagic acid is found in fruits including blackberries, cranberries, pecans, pomegranates, raspberries, strawberries, walnuts, wolfberry and grapes.
I would weigh and enter all the foods into the recipie creator at www.nutritiondata.com and see what we are missing and supplement with foods/supplements for the rest. I would imagine minerals like magnesium are harder to come by and you can ground up some supplements like chelated magnesium and add it to the mix. Also look into vitamin D levels to keep them 50-80 range. But of course connect with your doctors and medical professionals to manage and okay everything. It is very important that the mixture be very fluid and able to go through machinery and your loved ones body. So you may not be able to put in nuts etc.
This question is rather personal for me because I just came back from the hospital last night where my grandfather has brain cancer and is on a feeding tube after a seizure.
I spoke with his Registered Dietitian and they are giving him a canned feeding tube diet made by Abbott Laboratories. It is made of industrial seed oils, synthetic vitamins, MCT oil and sugar and sugar and more sugar. What struck me was how they are feeding him 200-250 grams of sugar for the day.
250 grams of sugar is 62.5 teaspoons of sugar. That breaks down to 1.3 cups of sugar per day.
I asked her, why does someone who is prediabetic need 250g of sugar carbs a day if he is not moving? She replied, "it's ok, because we give him insulin shots."
IT'S OK BECAUSE WE GIVE HIM INSULIN?! Pure insanity. Stop giving a sleeping unconscious elderly man with brain cancer carbohydrate poisoning and you don't need to give him insulin. He has never taken insulin at home.
I asked her to look into a diabetic formula and she said their diabetic feeding tube formula is only 1-2% less sugar but has 5 grams of fiber. Insanity.
I hope this helps and feel free to contact me if you have any questions. Have you researched the Warburg Hypothesis/Effect on cancer tumerogenesis? That points to a low sugar/carb diet as one that can starve cancers for energy.