I just shallow fried in some lard that I had used for deep-frying before. I noticed after eating that I got some symptoms like I usually only get when I'm stupid enough to eat something fried in rancid seed oil at someones home. My nose clogging up, a restricted feeling in my head, etc. All symptoms which I associate with inflammation.
So I know in general you shouldn't overheat your fats but I have some specific questions:
- What is it specifically in reheated lard (that may have been overheated) that would cause inflammation?
- When is lard overheated? The fat I used, when melted, had a golden color, and when not melted it was slightly more pink-greyish than the unheated white lard that I have. Can I only reuse fat that has not turned color at all?