- Grains want to kill us with lectins, phytates, glutens, etc
- Vegetables and fruits want to kill us with oxalates, fructose, salicyclates, etc.
- Tubers with saponins
- Legumes contain a nice arsenal of anti-nutrients
- Fish with mercury
- Meat with potentially excess iron for men and pre-menopausal females
- Dairy via increased IGF-1, which may promote certain cancers, acne, etc.
- Certain paleo foods are actually the MOST widely allergenic (Nuts, fish, shellfish)
Paleo talks about anti-nutrients in neolithic foods a lot. And that's a conversation worth having of course. But what about all the anti-nutrients and allergnic issues in regard to paleo foods? Why do they get a free-pass?