I understand dried fruits can be moldy. but when you cook mold, does it die? i'm on SCD with hopes of eliminating candida, and like to eat cooked raisins in my almond flour cookies. anyone have thoughts on if this is ok? thanks!
No guys, she's referring to mycotoxins and mold which can be terrible for people on SCD or GAPS because they are attempting to heal their gut.
To answer your question, cooking doesn't break down the mycotoxins but it will kill any potential mold. Ideally one would dehydrate their own fruit, next option would be to buy from a local producer, third would be to skip it. :-)
Does sulfured fruit upset your stomach? 11 Answers
Sulfured Dried Fruit-- oh no!! 2 Answers
Dried fruit/berries as mobile snack? 5 Answers