My friend's have a 1 year old and just found out he has a peanut allergy. Not sure of the severity, but is there any way they can at least reduce the reactions if there is incidental contact with it?
edit: They found out about the allergy from their Doc, I just wanted to see if the various minds on here had any wisdom that was not 'conventional'... wouldn't be the first time.
A peanut allergy is nothing to fool around with. It can be life-threatening.
The more exposures, the more severe the reaction can be (at least from the stories I have read.) Anaphalactic shock is not fun (from personal experience, eating 1/2 of a brazil nut!)
They really need to go to the doc & get a few epi-pens.
That said, they can also get their child's D3 level tested & make sure they sun/supplement to a blood level of 50-60 ng/ml to help support the immune system.
intoducing solid food 4 Answers
Hack My Kid's Snack 5 Answers