There are lots and lots of threads dealing with "paleo on a budget". However, I'm interested to hear from folks who have faced a sudden budget shift. Maybe you:
- Found the house of your dreams and are now paying more for your mortgage than you were for rent.
- Moved to a different part of the country (or a different country altogether) where cost of living was higher.
- Faced the loss of income in your household.
- Experienced a sudden expense (replacing a roof or a vehicle, etc.) not covered or well-covered by insurance.
- Have dealt with the expenses of a long-term illness.
- Started classes and/or working on a degree and suddenly found yourself on a student's budget.
...or something else altogether!
The idea here is suddenly you have/had a lot less free cash to work with, and you need/ed to downgrade the quality of the food you are/were buying. How did you do so while still trying to stay faithful to paleo-style eating? What was the first to go - the grassfed beef in exchange for conventional? The organic and/or raw dairy? The organic veggies in exchange for conventional?
The more details on how you arrived at your decisions about what to switch up, the better.