I'm in the midst of a 30 day Paleo challenge, and while sleeping I've been dreaming that I'm breaking my diet, either intentionally or by accident, e.g. I find some cake and I start eating it and realize halfway through that I shouldn't be eating it. Or I have dreams where I'm walking through a grocery store and can't find anything Paleo to eat or buy.
I'm pretty sure this is normal, but I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has these kinds of dreams.
I have had these dreams and I have acted out on these dreams. Not so much lately, though. Perhaps my mental change came when I realized how luxurious (lacto-)Paleo eating is. Cream, butter, cheese, steak, salmon, sashimi, veggies in butter, berries in cream, macademia nuts, BACON, srsly! I could go on and on just about cheese, the varieties, how good raw milk cheese makes me feel, blah blah blah.
Now I just feel like crap when I eat neolithic crap and I no longer dream about it.
"Or I have dreams where I'm walking through a grocery store and can't find anything Paleo to eat or buy." I'm pretty sure that's not a dream, lol.
I used to dream of pizza! I don't know why I haven't for several months.
Once I dreamed I was eating the most delicious piece of buttered toast. I woke up gnawing on my blanket!
I have these dreams a lot even after being paleo for almost 3 years. It always seems so real because it could technically happen in real life too, being stuck somewhere without paleo food or being in a bakery or candy shop.
The worst part is, I can't taste anything in my dreams and have no idea I'm dreaming. So I can't even enjoy it! Probably 90% of the dreams I end up eating a cupcake then wake up in a panic because I would get extremely sick from eating something with gluten. The other 10% I spend the rest of my dream explaining to people why I can't eat the damn cupcake and wake up frustrated and pissed off.
Yikes! I can't say I have! I have had dreams about wods; last night I had a dream I was at a magic show and Chris Spealler was the magician....bizarre. Are you stressed about your diet? Or maybe it's just on your mind-grapes (30 Rock anyone?).
I have these dreams regularly. It's funny that it's usually cake. Sometimes ice cream. And always, in the middle of the binge, I suddenly realize what I'm doing and am like "noooooo!". As I understand it, this is a pretty common psychological phenomenon. The best part about it is you can wake up and realize you are "safe" from the cake!
I remember my latest one - an ice cream buffet. I ended up eating an entire gallon of cookies and cream. I had one of these dreams maybe once every 2-3 weeks, been happening since I started eating low carbohydrate/no sugar (January 2010) and have diminished since but haven't completely disappeared. But yeah, I'm also in the group that can't tell that I'm dreaming as well, so I get really panicky in the dream.
I had a dream just the other night about eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. This dream seemed to be peaceful and more wish fulfillment.
Usually, I am like Kat in that I end up freaking out in my dream and afterwards about being glutened and feeling sick or having to explain my health problems to everyone in my dream after eating a cake or something. No fun. The worst is waking up stressed that you glutened yourself in a dream.