What are your feelings/opinions on this test being used to determine fructose damage.
Elevated uric acid has been tied to fructose as well as the DoC(Diseases of Civilization)(Heart disease, Diabetes, etc.)
Of course, you're right to be concerned about fructose leading to high uric acid levels and diseases of civilization, such as gout, kidney stones and heart disease. Fructose is metabolized like alcohol in the liver. It causes ATP to be converted to AMP, which is then metabolized into uric acid ( http://ihealthbulletin.com/blog/2008/02/01/fructose-in-soft-drinks-triggers-gout-raises-uric-acid/ ).
A high uric acid level may be a risk factor for certain DoC's ( http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/high-uric-acid-level/MY00160 ), but it does not reflect the actual damage done by a toxin such as fructose.
I suspect that if someone totally stopped consuming fructose, their uric acid level, if elevated, would quickly return to normal. The damage to their metabolism, such as fatty liver, heart disease or kidney failure, would probably take much longer to reverse (or be irreversible). In such a case, the uric acid level would not correlate with the harmful effects of the fructose.
Also consider that niacin, which can raise your uric acid level, may actually lower your risk of cardiovascular damage ( http://www.umm.edu/podcasts/2009/niacin_nejm_study_miller.htm ).
So a high uric acid level may be a risk factor for some diseases, but it cannot be used to "determine fructose damage."