Wanted to say hi and thanks for the support. This little experiment with PaleoHacks.com is turning out well. I thought I would share with you some data on how things are going. (BTW this should be the 400th question asked on PaleoHacks.com unless someone is writing a question right now and beats me to it.)
As of right now, per trailing month, PaleoHacks.com gets more than 25,000 visits, about 130,000 page views - which is roughly 5 pages/visit. On average, you spend more than 7 minutes on PaleoHacks.com per visit.
Thus far, I haven't really done too much to monetize the site as I didn't want to inundate you all with crappy Google ads that have no relevance to the Paleo lifestyle. My aim is not make a tremendous amount of money maintaining PaleoHacks.com, but covering costs would be nice.
So, five-part question for you (please be honest, and don't spare my feelings):
1) What do you use PaleoHacks.com for?
2) Would you be disappointed if you couldn't use it anymore? If so, how disappointed? If not, why not?
3) Any suggestions on how to monetize PaleoHacks.com in such a way that adds value to your interaction with the site?
4) Give me a blue-sky idea or brainstorm of something that you would like to see here. It doesn't have to be within the confines of the current Q and A system.
5) Last thing, what irritates the h*ll out of you when it comes to PaleoHacks.com?
Thanks in advance!
PS You guys are the best.
PPS If you don't feel comfortable sharing on PaleoHacks.com, drop me an email at patrik@paleohacks --- I won't promise to respond, but I will read your email.