One things I've noticed since I've been on the Paleo diet, is that my "cheats" slowly dwindle away month after month. Not because of decipline, but mainly because as Paleo makes you feel better, the "cheats" make you feel much worse. For example I can no longer eat fruit without feeling EXTREMELY TIRED to the point where I have to take a nap.
Has anyone else experienced this?
Here is where I've gone and where I think I'm going...I'd say I'm at step 3...not sure I'll make it to step 100
0. Cleaning out Soda...noone ever mentions this, but for me it's a given.
1. Cleaning out Legumes, Dairy, Grains - Cheating heavily
2. Cleaning out Fruits, Attempting to clean out chemicals(Aspertame, Soy Lechtin, HFCS, etc) preservatives, - Moderate Cheating
3. Supplementation, Fish oil, vitamin D, etc - Moderate Cheating
4. Looking for better protein sources, more beef less chicken - Moderate Legumes, Gluten Free Cheating
5. Improving the quality protein and fat sources. Grass fed beef etc. - Minimal Cheating (Gluten, Dairy, Lugume, Grain free)
6. More chemical reduction and Sugar Reduction - Minimal Cheating (Gluten, Dairy, Lugume, Grain free)
100. No Alcohol