Not that long ago, I lived in Lawrence, Kansas, USA.
Now that I live in Upstate New York, I find that I am desperately missing this restaurant. http://www.localburger.com/
( a sample of my fave parts of the LocalBurger menu )
Grass-Fed Only Beef Burger $6.00
- Beef raised by Homespun Hill Farm in Baldwin City, Kansas
Grass-Fed Only Buffalo Burger $6.00
- Buffalo raised by Sunset Ridge Bison Ranch in Lawrence, Kansas
Grass-Fed Only Elk Burger $6.00
- Elk raised by Rocky Hills Elk Ranch in Winchester, Kansas
Pork Burger $6.00
- Pork raised by Kansas Heritage Meats of Lazy S Farm in Glasco, Kansas
Natural Turkey Burger $6.00
- Turkey raised by Vesecky Family Farms in Baldwin City, Kansas
Progressive Potatoes $2.75
- Organic Potatoes fried in trans-fat free organic palm kernel oil
I like Yelp for finding food Locally. Looks like a TON of hits in NY.
I think Local Burger in Lawrence is a one of a kind place. I have been trying to eat there for about the last year or so. I go to Lawrence on business several times a year but never seem to have time to eat.
Edit: here is a listing from Eat Well Guide in Syracuse http://www.empirebrew.com/menu.php " kobe burger $13 local grass fed wagyu beef served w/ lettuce & tomato
elk burger $12 locally farmed & lean ground elk topped w/ sauteed mushrooms & swiss cheese"
one of local burger's suppliers of pork is larry and madonna sorrel of glasco kansas. they raise and sell old spot pigs. they will tell you and promise you that these pigs are registered but you will never get the registration paperwork.They frauded my daughters out of $600 money by selling them pigs and refusing to give registration papers. Don't buy pigs from these people. It really sucks that they are screwing two little girls out of their 4h money.
Paleo/Primal in Brooklyn 5 Answers
Anyone bought from Cognito Farm? 6 Answers
what is the most paleo takeaway meal? 14 Answers