I recently had my sinuses cultured for some mildly chronic symptoms. My ENT said the culture was "growing a little bit of staff that's resistant to everything they tested against, so it should be easily killed off. Call the office if you want an antibiotic."
I'm very hesitant to take an antibiotic for quite a few reasons. But, since the symptoms have been chronic, I'm wondering if my body hasn't been able to kick it on it's own. Am I over thinking this? Am I missing anything? Does anyone have any experience / suggestions with fighting this off naturally?
Have you tried regular use of a neti-pot? I think some people have success with the regular salt-water, but you can kick it up a few notches by adding a couple drops of GSE. My first thought though, is that staph 'lite' is a really common bacteria and might not be the source of your trouble.. In any case, doing the neti-pot is cheap and benign.
One suggestion,a somewhat controversial one, is hydrogen peroxide therapy.
Another is the essential oil Helichrysum...apply 1-2 drops topically along the sides of the nose and forehead. Diffuse it in the air or add 1-2 drops in a bowl of hot water and inhale the vapors with a towel over your head. To find helichrysum try www.doterra.com
I've had the same problem. Mine is due to an allergy to something, I've been eating Paleo for about 2 years now. I am having a catscan done on Friday and allergy testing done on Monday. I've been prescribed steriods and antibiotics 4 times this year!!!! I'll let you know my outcome next week.
I've never had allergy problems either until now.I tried using the netipot but it seems to aggrivate and irritate my sinuses. Pollups were found when I visited my ENT, and the problem with the netipot is the reason for the CT, just trying to make sure there is not any blockage going on. Neti-pots are supposedly fabulous, just not for me right now :)
I know it might be shunned upon, but when I had strap recently, I gladly took antibiotics. I feel that we can do the most in preventing, but when the bacterial infection is already here, it's better to just kill it off well and for good. I don't get serious infections often, as my immune system got so much better on paleo, but I teach so the kids bring crazy microbes with them ;-)