Hi all, I'm having issues and looking at a few different things in my diet and exercise to try and push through a five month plateau. I've lost 35 pounds so far, with another 40 to lose to be in my healthy weight range. I have multiple sclerosis (RRMS) that is currently in remission and has been since I started eating a paleo diet about 9 months ago. I'm not currently taking any DMD (disease-modifying drugs) but will start beta interferons (Avonex) if my MRI in August shows any disease progress. I'm not on any other medications. I'm a good 90% compliant with diet, do eat dairy probably once a day (cheddar cheese, homemade heavy cream yogurt, kerrygold, cream in coffee). I am for fewer than 50g carbs per day and do high fat, moderate carb. I eat eggs and bacon and veggies for breakfast around 11-12 in the morning, and have dinner around 7pm- meat and veggies cooked in fat. A snack when my kids are eating dinner around 5pm is usually some cheese or nuts or berries. This is all very general. My diet varies a lot. ANYWAY, my goals are weight loss (which hasnt happened since March) and continued management of systemic inflammation secondary to RRMS. I'm recently starting supplements again and want to know if I'm missing anything here.
- 1 prenatal multi vitamin (brand is "Nature Made")
- 200mg CoQ10 (Trader Joes brand)
- 1600mg turmeric (brand is NSI)
- 1000mg cinnamon
- 500mg magnesium (NSI brand)
- 2 cARLSON Cod Liver Oil gel caps (5000IU vitamin A, 800IU vitamin D, 140mg EPA, 160mg DHA, 90mg "other omega 3s")
- Milk Thistle is something I will begin to supplement with again if I start taking Avonex
Any feedback is appreciated. TIA!