Alright, cravin' pickle juice lately so I'll give you some facts and then hopefully y'all can hack this .. Also, including salt information because after some googleage I have some people saying it might be a sodium deficiency? But I've also seen something about a magnesium or potassium deficiency and frankly, I'm dubious.
- First off, I am not pregnant. (Aren't some pregnant women known to crave pickles and pickle juice?)
- I don't use salt ... on anything. The only way I would get any salt would be the occassional kipper snack (1-2 times a month) or the occasional salted avocado (1-2 a month).
- I supplement with fish oil, vitamin d, and Natural Calm. Though, the latter when I remember and seeing how I can't afford it anymore ... probably no more in the future.
- I gave blood two days ago. I think this might factor in (e.g. if I had low sodium this pushed it over the edge)? (Note: I do have high iron though, weeee. You need to be at 38 and I was at 47 ... mmm Paleo ...)
- I eat pretty strict paleo, minus the pickles I guess, mostly red meat, some chicken, lots of eggs, vegetables, avocado, and healthy fats.
Thanks for any advice or comments!
Edit: I am drinking pickle juice and eating pickles, I didn't mention that. I love them in the first place, it's just uncharacteristic to crave them like this.