What are some good paleo foods that I can live off of for 5 days in a hotel room without refrigeration or cooking? (and ideally, while eating a fair variety of things)
I'm off on vacation in Atlanta for 5 days later this summer (Dragon*Con!). Usually when we go, we order pizza, eat a lot of cheap muffins and granola bars, bread, fruit, something grabbed at the Chic-fil-a, or smoothies from the Orange Julius in the food court, etc. "Normal" convention/travel food, and none of it paleo-friendly.
Since going paleo, I'm not sure what I'll eat this year! Canned tuna, and nuts are all well and good, but I'll need something else to eat for 5 days. :/
I'm still pretty new to paleo, so pretty much everything I'm eating now needs refrigeration and cooking, and I'm not very good at thinking up new things to eat yet.
- I can't guarantee my hotel room will
have a refrigerator (I'd have to get
very lucky) but there should be ice available.
- The hotel room does not have a microwave, and they do not allow hotplates
- I'm flying in from Canada, which
means I pretty much can't bring any
food with me and will have to buy it
all there, so I can't just make a
bunch of jerky or bring a bunch of hard-boiled eggs or something.
- I do not believe there is a "healthy" type grocery store within walking distance. Or any real grocery store, for that matter. We usually buy our food at the CVS pharmacy near the hotel.
- The budget is too tight to afford to eat out at paleo-friendly restaurants for more than a meal or two.