That's a great question, Jack. We could perform an experiment by voting OakOy's question (or this, or any other question) back down to -6 to see if it disappears again.
Here's a tip to view all low-voted questions (they are still on the "All Questions" list):
- Click the "Questions" tab to the right of "PaleoHacks"
- Click the "votes" tab (below the "Ask Question" tab)
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page
- Find the page number list at the bottom left of the page
- Click on the highest page number (currently "508"), which is the last page, or the page with the lowest-voted questions
- Once you get to this page, you can click backwards ("507", "506", etc.) to view other pages with low-voted questions