My most common paleo breakfast is to just eat nothing! Most of the time I do an intermittent fast and skip breakfast. My 12pm meal doubles as my breakfast and lunch.
However, when I eat breakfast, my TOP 5 PALEO BREAKFAST CHOICES are:
(1) Frittata - This is thee ULTIMATE paleo breakfast. Sautee any combination of veggies, meat, cheese and herbs in your favorite fat. Then add some scrambled eggs and bake in the oven till the eggs are set. This dish is super quick to make, has endless possibilities and makes an impressive presentation. To make this a to-go dish, just separate the filling into muffin tins to make egg muffins.
(2) Paleo Cereal - Combine dried fruit, berries, seeds and nuts into a bowl and add coconut milk or whole milk, if you do dairy. If you add yogurt instead, it turns into a fruit parfait! My favorite things to add are dried figs, blueberries, shredded coconut and macadamia nuts. A dash of cinnamon and a drizzle of almond butter makes this perfect.
(3) Smoothie - Too lazy to chew your Paleo Cereal? Then blend everything in your Magic Bullet (or if you want to get all caveman on me, crush your nuts and berries between two rocks...kidding) with some ice cubes and your cereal turns into a smoothie.
(4) Pancakes or Waffles - There are tons of recipes floating around the web using a myriad of ingredients (ie. eggs, coconut flour, coconut milk, almond flour, almond butter, bananas, pumpkin). Blueberries can be added into the batter or turned into a berry topping in replacement of syrup. I like to add cocoa powder to my batter bc I'm a chocoholic. Nom nom nom...
(5) Bacon and Eggs - The all-American breakfast! Make hash browns out of potatoes, sweet potatoes or yams if you want to get all fancy about it. Extremely hearty and satiating.
Hope these ideas prove to be helpful.
Frittatas as they're insanely flexible. Hash with poached eggs. I make a lot of soft boiled eggs as well. I like veggies with breakfast - greens dressed with lemon and a poached or soft egg on top is really tasty. Berries. Omeletes. Stuffed portobello mushrooms: bacon chopped egg tomato avocado. I pre-roast about 3-4lbs of sweet potatoes as well as regular potatoes, will sear up steak, poach and shred chicken breasts and store all in containers so they're ready to go. Just amend with eggs, veggies, berries, etc. Happy breakfasting!
Hard boiled eggs got old real quick. My favorite breakfasts these days are 1. fruit/avocado smoothie with a few slices of lunch meat on the side 2) breakfast chocolate cake 3) Banana blondies. Yup, I've got a sweet tooth in the morning.
I take a whole can full fat coconut milk and make stove top cooked custard- with 4 eggs, fresh nutmeg, splash vanilla extract, stir constantly until thick on medium heat, then top with roasted chopped almonds, fresh strawberries/frozen berries if you like, my husband likes a whole chopped banana on top of all that- enough for two and a great, long lasting breakfast- tastes more like a treat, but it's breakfast!
Soft-boiled eggs are the bomb! Here's how my first 15 min of the day goes: 1) put water on to boil 2) wash spinach (or defrost frozen) 3) when water boils- drop in eggs; set timer for 5 min 4) spin spinach dryish- move to bowl, cover w plate, microwave for 2 min to wilt 5) at 5 min, kill the heat on eggs; leave them in the water to set up a bit more while you retrieve butter from fridge 6) crack and shell eggs- use your eating spoon to slide between shell/egg and help you crack egg 7) put egg(s), spinach, (butter?) in bowl 8) eat w pork skins - I like to pile a few leaves of spinach on top of a pork skin, put some egg white on, the dribble some egg yolk over and eat the whole thing. Amazing! Only 350 cal, plenty of protein, 4 carbs.
You may need to add 30 seconds to the eggs if you like the whites 100% set. Play with it, but seriously- Best. Breakfast. Ever. Can easily keep me going until 2 or 3pm.