So I go to college and live in dorms. I'm a resident assistant and I'm required to have the meal plan, so most of my meals are in the dining halls. I do have a kitchen and I'm actively looking for a way to get off of the meal plan. But, while I'm on it, I try my best in adhering to the Paleo diet.
I'm also trying to lose weight. I've been eating about 80% Paleo. I have not lost any weight since the start. So I'm wondering what foods I'm eating are keeping me from losing, so I wonder if it is the actual meat. Here is the link to the meal plan company if anyone is interested. Fun fact: Sodexo is the same company for dining used for the jail houses in Georgia. :) http://scaddining.com/dining/index.html
My meal options are usually the following
- Taking ground beef or turkey patty off of the buns and eating two of those
- A very fatty pork chop, only allowed one
- Grilled chicken, cooked in canola or vegetable oil
- Eggs, cooked in margarine, no more than two
- One hard boiled egg
- Turkey breast
- And as a Marylander, I just don't trust any seafood sources, because it looks disgusting and I don't even want to go there.
- Breakfast sausage link, 2 links
- Two bacon strips
Will these portions and types of meat in my diet stall my weight loss? They aren't very good quality, it's like McDonald protein. And in the book The Paleo Diet, lean protein in animal meat it seems is the only way to go, which is the opposite of what I'm eating. Or should I be focusing on just the carbohydrates and not worry about my animal sources. If it is the protein source that is the problem, what can I do?