Hello. I was wondering if it's possible to get very intoxicated after eating quite big amount of beef/calf liver? Yesterday I ate 250 grams of calf liver and soon after it I started feeling very weak, my muscles became lethargic, I was feeling very warm and I think I got temporary hypertension. I've got sick digestive system ( especially bowels ) so maybe it could contribute to this somehow, but I don't know? Thx in advance for any response.
Sounds more like food poisoning to me. Vitamin toxicity takes some time to build. I usually eat like 500-600grams of lamb liver per week with no ill effects. I actually like taste of liver more than muscle meat, so i have to restrain eating it too much. I am propably overdoing it allready.
From only 250 grams? Maybe if you ate it every day for a few weeks!
Hmmm unusual. I eat approx 250g+ 1-2 times a week raw, I usually feel real good within half an hour, never had any issues. It is possible, even though it was from a good source it was contaminated with something through mishandling or it was something you cooked it in perhaps.
Chicken Liver & Vitamin A Toxicity 3 Answers
Is liver safe to eat daily? 21 Answers
How much liver can you eat per week 7 Answers
limited diets: adequate? 4 Answers