I am thinking of trying the Whole30 in January, but my sticking point is breakfast. Currently, most of what I eat for breakfast involves full fat dairy in some form. I need some ideas that fit the following criteria:
- Not plain eggs. I hate the taste of eggs. I'm totally fine with them as a binder in a casserole or crustless quiche, but I don't like eggs as eggs.
- I can't handle a big hunk of meat in the morning day after day. On occasion it's fine, but not for everyday.
- I have Meniere's disease which I manage using a very low salt diet. So sausage and bacon are not options.
- Both smoothies & plain fruit are fairly unsatisfying for me.
- I need something that's an easy make-ahead option. I sometimes do sweet potato & pecan pancakes and those are great on weekends, but not the quickest to just grab and eat. Anything casserole-ish is great, I currently do a lot of egg/cheese breakfast casseroles with veggies and sometimes leftover meats. But I don't know how well that will work if I just drop the cheese.