Trying to eliminate all sources of Soy in my diet, but am having a hard time finding supplements that dont use Soy in capsules. Any ideas?
Here are some that I use and recommend. I have no financial ties to them. I buy them from Amazon, Vitamin Shoppe, Lucky Vitamin, and Vitacost- depending on what's on sale. I'm sure there are others but this my research.
The kicker is that some of these same companies when you change to another dose say a greater IU of Vitamin D or Kelp they add soybean oil, soy lecithin, or olive oil so read the labels carefully!
Also the Rainbow Light Organic Men's formula has a trivial amount of iodine 55 mcg/4 capsules whereas the Womens' has 75 mcg/4 capsules and Prenatal has 150 mcg/4 capsules.
1) Rainbow Light Certified Organic Womens, Mens, and Prenatal formulas/4 capsules daily are Free Of: Artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners, preservatives, sugar, lactose, gluten, yeast, milk, eggs, soy, nuts, fish/shellfish and wheat.
2) Citracal Plus 2 tablets/day includes Vitamin D3, zinc, magnesium, copper, etc.
3) NOW Zinc Picolinate 50 mg/tablet Free of: sugar, salt, yeast, wheat, gluten, corn, soy, milk, egg or preservatives.
4) NOW 150 mcg Kelp (Iodine)/tablet Contains no: sugar, salt, starch, yeast, wheat, gluten, corn, soy, milk, egg, shellfish or preservatives.
5) Carlson Cod Liver Oil/Fish Oil (both Lemon and Regular Flavor) liquids and capsules EXCEPT Very Finest Fish Oil SOFTGELS or Fish Oil Multi No gluten, corn, milk, soy, yeast, sugar, salt, preservatives
6) Nature's Bounty D3 400 IU/tablet - NO artificial color, flavor, sweetener, preservatives, sugar, milk, lactose, soy, gluten, wheat, yeast, fish, sodium
7) KAL Magnesium Orotate 200 mg/2 tablets daily Does Not Contain: Yeast, wheat, corn, milk, egg, soy, glutens, animal derivatives, sugar, artificial colors, starch or preservatives.
Been trying to do the same, I love my Now Foods Vitamin D3.
Ingredients: D3 from Lanolin, olive oil, gelatin, glycerol, water.
Right on the back, "Contains no sugar, salt, starch, yeast, wheat, gluten, soy, milk, egg, shellfish or preservatives."
All soy in the US is genetically modified. For those of us who are highly allergic to soy, even a small amount and we break out in hives with an allergic reaction. Soy in this country is not as benign as touted. The problem is that soy is in everything, so you are getting more in your diet than you realize. If you don't believe, start checking labels.
I'm trying to find capsules that are certified free of soy also. Mega Foods vitamin supplements are certified free of dairy, gluten, and soy, but most of their vitamins are in the tablets form only. I have a hard time taking tablets and prefer capsules. That is why I am looking for soy free capsules! It is hard to find because eventhough Now Brand products (and empty capsules) read "Does not contain soy", they still process soy in the facility and maybe even on the same line. Even with the company following GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices), they still cannot certify to be free of an allergen unless they test for it. That's why Now Brand products and most all others read "Does not contain soy" because "soy" was not specifically added to the formula rather than labling as "Certified free of gluten, dairy, and soy". The only Company certifying this on their lable is Mega Foods!
they also use false names to put soy into foods as well. Magnesium stearate is a common name for soy in medicines and vitamin supplements Idk if anyone else has had problems with it, but I have such bad reactions to the soy that even if animals were raised on it I get an allerigic reaction from eating the meat : O
It is in everything - soy, soy oil, letchin - now they are getting smart and calling it vegetable oil. - You will need to contact the company to confirm it is soy oil - also they will say soy or corn - since soy is cheaper - guess which one it usually will be. -- so you need to work really hard to be soy free - please do not forget you pets - Even the supposedly healthy brand have soy - my poor dog is allergic and i did not figure out it was the soy for years. She would scratch constantly. Now I give her soy free food - then they started having problems with all the flax seed in food .
Both flax seed and soy are estrogen alternatives - you really need to understand how bad this is for all of us - we are feeding it to our children - developing children boys and girls - if I had a son , I would be terrified and as a girl, they will have much more risk later in life if they develop too early.
Please spread it out there and tell everyone you tell to promise to tell ten people and those tell ten people, etc - we don' t have the money of the soy industry , but we have to try.