I'm planning on doing a very strict low food reward elimination diet starting on January 1st. Despite the fact that I've been 95+% paleo for about a year now, I still have some issues including mild acne on my thighs and upper arms (perhaps ketasoris pilaris; will ask my doc next time I see him). As a child I used to be allergic to both tomatoes and milk. I'm also allergic to shellfish. Often when I eat certain apples or nuts my mouth and lips feel irritated. So I plan on eliminating the following foods from my diet:
- gluten / vegatable oils / soy
- dairy (including butter)
- nightshades (including spices)
- nuts and seeds (including coconut)
My questions are:
- Can (wild) salmon be somehow problematic if I'm allergic to shellfish? What about canned sardines/anchovies?
- Are there any other foods I should be aware of that can cause issues?
- Is there any reason to only eat ruminant meat and exclude pork and chicken? My meat sources are: grass-fed beef, pastured lamb, pork and chicken.
- The only supplement I take is 5000IU of Now Foods Vitamin D3 daily, thoughts?
- What about sauerkraut? Organmeats? Vinegars?!
It will pretty much be meat and some greens plus the occasional tuber cooked in tallow or homemade Kerrygold ghee I suppose ...! I will also try to follow Dr. Kruse's leptin reset protocol; big breakfast, no snacking, alot of sleep etc.
Please share your experiences!
edit: I should have mentioned the low food reward is for losing weight. Although I've been paleo for a while now I still haven't been able to drop the last pounds of fat I'm carring. Low food reward + elimination kills two birds with one stone I hope.