Over the last few days I've developed a seemingly allergic reaction. I don't know what it could be from and I don't know how to fix it. Any help would be much appreciated:
- extremely dry, red rash around eyes and nose (and behinds ears), but nowhere else. It itches pretty bad. Kind of like a very bad sunburn.
- puffy eyelids (mostly upper eyelids) upon waking up, gradually fading during the day. Which looks hilarious by the way, it has me looking like a wasp of some sorts.
- symptoms came in gradually over the course of ±48 hours.
- I'm in the middle of a mass gain phase, so I was eating a lot (±5000kcal a day). All paleo, except some 1 to 2 liters of milk a day, some other dairy and some supplements (which I've listed below). I've done a GOMAD once before and never had any allergic reaction to it, by the way.
- ALA (one before every meal)
- Vit D3 5000IU
- Now Foods Super Enzymes (tablets, 1 before every meal)
- Niacinamide (non-flushing), once in the morning and once before bed.
- Micellar casein shake ( i know, i know, not very paleo) around 20g before bed.
- Creatine monohydrate
- L-Glutamine (only PWO)
N.B. I've started taking most of the supplements around 1 week ago (except Vit D & the super enzymes). I've also done creatine in the past without any problems.
Another possible culprit could be all the food I had for christmas. As far as I know I didn't consume any gluten, but I did have some white rice and lot's of sugar (as in tiramisu and creme brulees).
Being Dutch I handle diary pretty well, but if I was going to point out 2 possible suspects it would be the casein shakes and/or the niacinamide.
Pharmacy gave me some Cetirizinedihydrochloride 10mg (which is zyrtec in the states I believe). So far not working (4 hours in).