I'm curious about the demographics of the paleo community. Is this information available? I'm interested in these types of demographics:
- Age: Average age of a paleo person? Would it be good to see this number lowered significantly?
- Gender: Are men more likely to be paleo? I was initially surprised at the number of ladies posting on this site and others, but I was probably biased.
- Income: Eating paleo can be expensive, are paleo wealthier than average?
- Location: Is paleo more popular in the urban/rural areas? Even though rural areas may have better access to fresh/raw foods? Western vs non-Western countries?
- Political Views: I don't want to get into a political debate, just curious if we lean to the left or right.
- Race: Are most people white? Is this more of a socioeconomic factor?
- Religion: Atheist, Christian, Hindu, Jewish, Muslim? I imagine the dietary restrictions of the last three may make paleo more difficult to follow.
Edit, I forgot to add my own details.
- Age: 23
- Gender: Male
- Income: 60s, Computer Science grad
- Location: Houston, TX
- Political Views: Libertarian
- Race: Caucasian (mixed German, Irish, etc)
- Religion: Non-religious
Another edit, Caveman Bob posted this link http://www.tfaforms.com/228736 if you are interested in taking a paleoish survey on government involvement in food.