I usually purchase kraut and beet kvass from the stores but decided I wanted to give it a try myself. I have had Sally Fallons book Nourishing Traditions for well over 2 years now and have been terrified to give her recipes a try because on the surface they seem complicated and time consuming. However, I've decided to face my fears and ferment for myself. I have several questions:
1) How many of you practice traditional fermentation similar to what is in Nourishing Traditions?
2) What do you ferment?
3) What have you found to be the easiest thing to prepare?
4) What have you found to be the most beneficial, health wise?
5) Do you have a weekly or monthly routine for the preparation?
6) Where the heck do I get fresh whey? I don't have access to raw milk like the book suggests.
Obviously add any additional information you feel would be beneficial to my efforts.