Focus: I would like to be world-class at focus, just like Bradley Cooper in Limitless, only without the drugs.
We often talk about what's the best way, or fastest way to get better at something, but I think the real key is being able to choose a pursuit and focus on it with all of your attention. As Leo Babauta of ZenHabits says:
my ability to focus on a single task has dramatically improved, and that one habit has changed my life.
If I had a gun to my head:
- I would incorporate meditation and mindfulness practice in my daily routine.
- I would immediately reach out to experts in focus and meditation to seek their advice, such as Leo Babauta.
- I would pay closer attention to the whole paleo lifestyle, because I know how important diet, exercise and sleep are for focus.
- I would make the good things easy (meditation, diet, exercise, practice), and make the bad things hard (Twitter, TV, and other distractions).
- I would start a daily journal on my progress to pay attention to what's working and what's not.
Hey, this is starting to sound like a pretty good plan. Maybe I should just do it :)